Here’s some (just some) strange stuff about USA, Florida in particular.
- Taps just don’t seem to work as they do in the rest of the world: hot water and long jet or cold water and short jet – and burns if you aren’t used to it.
- Every meadow and flowerbed is perfectly well-finished. Anytime.
- Multicolour licence plates do exist in the real world, not only in movies and TV series. And most vehicles don’t have the front one.
- There are housing complexes everywhere.
- There is peanut butter everywhere.
- Apparently, you can overtake on the right while driving.
- Tipping at restaurants not less than 18% of the check is almost a law.
- If you’re going to the US, I hope you like cinnamon.
- Pizza with salami is referred as Pepperoni. Americans clearly don’t know that peperoni (single P) means “peppers”.
- You can rent (I suppose) someone to fly a plane to write messages in the skies – and they are more likely to be catholic propaganda than marriage proposals.
- Public trasport sucks and you can’t live without Uber.
- Disney parks, supermarkets and other places rent small carts for people not willing to walk around.
- Cotton candy is sold in glass jars.
- How are you? doesn’t necessarily mean How are you?.